Registered Dietitian specializing in holistic wellness
3138 E Da Vinci Drive
+1 (801) 450-6037
Equipment: Crock Pot
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
3. Sprinkle with ancho chile powder, cumin, oregano and cinnamon. Place onion, garlic and tomatoes around pork. Pour broth down sides of bowl.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
5. Remove pork to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; stir in beans and heat through.
serving size: 4 ounces pork + 3 tbsp salsa
Pineapple- Habanero Salsa
2 1/2 cups fresh pineapple
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pepper
1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon lime
1/8 teaspoon salt
Equipment: Skillet, Large & Small Bowl
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan set over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
2. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the mushrooms, cole slaw mix, bell pepper, fish sauce, Thai seasoning, chili sauce (if using) and water chestnuts (if using). Stir until combined. Cook 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
3. Serve the turkey filling in lettuce leaves.